Appraisal Online with Art of Estates
Art of Estates will review your property for a no cost, no obligation consultation. If the property has an estimated value of $300, we will contact you requesting more information, photos (if necessary) and/or provide costs associated with the services you have requested and potentially other services that may be beneficial to you and your goals. You should provide us a clear direction and understanding of your appraisal needs and goals so that we may offer you the best service for the appropriate application for how the appraisal will be used.
Start today by completing Art of Estates online appraisal request form. If assistance is needed, please review our examples of how to fill out the appraisal online form at the bottom of this page. If those examples do not apply or assist you in your quest for resolve, contact the appraiser you have been communicating with already or the one you believe is the closest regionally and most experienced in your type of property.
- Photos: clear, uncompressed (hi-res) color photograph images of the front, back, and a close-up of the signature, condition elements (scratches, missing paint, cracks, repairs, etc.) label, stamps, or maker’s mark – NOTE: Apple iPhones are currently taking photos in the HEIC format and we recommend that you convert your photos or review the settings on your phone prior to taking your photos (JPG & PNG preferred) as we do not currently have an effective process to view or convert on our end and could significantly delay response times, also sending photos on a pdf prevents zooming into potentially necessary details
- Dimensions: image size (artwork area only if fine art) and overall dimensions (used for frames, sculpture bases, antiques, decorative arts, etc.) H x W x D inches
- Materials (medium): tell us what you think it is made of (glass, oak, bronze, sterling silver, resin, oil, marble, etc.)
- Information: background, age, and history of the item including where, when and how it was acquired (provenance/chain of custody)
- Documents: digital copies (or photos) of an old appraisal, receipts, certificates of authenticity, excel sheets, or other recorded images of the property
Submission Examples of Appraisal Online Are Provided Below Contact Form
Disclaimers & Information
- No values are provided without cost. No zero-cost appraisal services are available from Art of Estates. Our lowest fee for providing an informal estimate of potential market value is $35 per item and is only performed remotely.
- Ipads have continually caused problems for users, therefore we recommend using other devices or computers for this process.
- After filling out this form, the form does not send you a received confirmation email.
- When uploading images in the appraisal online form, please wait for the photos to fully upload prior to clicking on the Send button. Otherwise, you risk sending the form with only a portion of the photos you wish to send. Filling out and uploading photos from your phone on this form takes longer than using a directly-internet-connected desktop computer.
- When you see a red “X” next to your photo, it has been fully uploaded. The “X” is there for you to remove the image.
- If you are sending a pdf document stuffed with photos, it may be too large to upload to our form. You will need to send those directly via email. However, we prefer to have individual images sent through the form or provided by a cloud link, which can also be dropped into the notes section of the form.
- Art of Estates would rather have too many images and too much information on your item than not enough.
- Valuations considerations for items that are not part of our appraisal expertise, although uncommon, may only receive additional contact options.
- Formal appraisal services for insurance coverage (claims), IRS estate taxation (or refund, tax reducing donations), divorces, and probate are signed, certified, and USPAP (governed by Congress) compliant. $35 per item estimates are not formal appraisals. Estimated value ranges from anyone is not a formal appraisal. Formal appraisal services provide hard numbers.
- All consultations via email are provisional and subject to revision with examination onsite by an accredited appraiser.
- Photographs and other materials sent to us by post will not be returned and this is not recommended because it is not expeditious.
- Never send images to us for historical research only. We are appraisers who provide values and consulting as our primary means of income. A formal appraisal will typically come with both when clearly requested and quoted beforehand.
- Please allow up to 17 days for a response. Team members are currently on vacation or out of the country until August 15th, 2022. We may be traveling for related appraisal services, onsite examining personal property, or collecting information on a large collection away from our desk with a contracted client.
- Follow-up reminder emails are encouraged by the owner if no response was provided. The appraisal firm is often very busy. We receive up to 6 new appraisal leads daily in each region through a variety of channels.
- Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL, and Comcast email providers are notorious for placing our follow-up emails in Spam and Trash folders, so if you sent an email and have not received a response within 17 days, we recommend that you check your Spam or Trash email folders before calling Art of Estates appraisal firm.
- Paid or Paying clients are always first in line and top-priority at Art of Estates.
- There is a minimum fee for all in-person appointments and consultations. Home visits always have a minimum fee as well.
- Contacting us through this system is the most cost and time effective way for you to have your item reviewed, to see if you are putting your dollars to good use.
- We do not provide estimates of market value or formal appraisal reports on property with a market value less than $300 unless required by IRS, non-cash charitable donation, disputes, equitable division, civil or criminal court requests. Please specify if this is required.
Fine Art – appraisal online example 1:
- Name: Jessica Johnson
- Email: MyFineArt@email.com
- Phone 402-607-5521
- Where Is Property Located: Lincoln Nebraska
- Where Are You Located: Lincoln Nebraska
- Appraisal Purpose: Insurance Replacement Coverage
- Appraisal Firm: Omaha Nebraska
- Message: We have an acrylic painting on canvas by George Rodrigue that we inherited last year from my mother. We don’t have any information on the painting other than it’s been in the family for at least 20 years. We’d like to see if we should have it appraised for insurance coverage purposes. Our Insurance agent would like us to have it scheduled for insurance if it exceeds $2,500. It appears to be signed Rodrigue and stamped on the back “The Rodrique Gallery New Orleans Louisiana”. The image size is 20 inches high and 16 inches wide. The frame is about 5 inches on each side. We’ve attached 3 images. Let us know if you need more information and how much it would cost for your appraisal services.
Native American Pottery Art – appraisal online example 2:
- Name: John Jacobs
- Email: MyGreatArt@email.com
- Phone: 816-808-7562
- Where Is Property Located: Weatherby Lake Missouri
- Where Are You Located: Kansas City Missouri
- Appraisal Purpose: Donation with 8283
- Appraisal Firm: Kansas City Missouri
- Message: We have a piece of Native American Pottery we need appraised for non-cash charitable donation purposes to a museum. We bought the small pot around 1975 while visiting the area for about $50, we lost the receipt somewhere. We’ve never had it appraised. It is 8.5” tall/high and about 11” in diameter and appears to have turquoise inlay around the avanya serpent, signed Dora Tse-Pe 1982 San Lldefonso. Can you help? Are you qualified?
Decorative Fine Art German Porcelain – appraisal online example 3:
- Name: Emily Ross
- Email: MyDecorativeArtsVase@email.com
- Phone: 970-922-9068
- Where Is Property Located: Aspen Colorado
- Where Are You Located: Boulder Colorado
- Appraisal Purpose: IRS Estate Tax Appraisal
- Appraisal Firm: Aspen Colorado
- Message: We are settling an estate in Aspen and need to have a Meissen Ewer Tankard appraised, which is German porcelain. It has been in our family for over 100 years, so we know that it is antique. It has the sword hallmarks and we were told it could be quite value. Height: 26.5 in x Width: 16.5” in x Depth: 8.5” in. Please let us know what your timeline for completing an appraisal for such purposes and what the cost would be.
Antique Art Nouveau Furniture – appraisal online example 4:
- Name: Ross Freeman
- Email: MyFurnitureAppraisal@email.com
- Phone: 720-495-3753
- Where Is Property Located: Highlands Ranch Colorado
- Where Are You Located: Highlands Ranch Colorado
- Appraisal Purpose: Divorce – Marital Dissolution
- Appraisal Firm: Denver Colorado
- Message: My spouse and I are getting a divorce and our lawyer recommended we need a piece of personal property appraised so that we can be equitably divided. It is a signed Carol Bugatti pedestal or Sellette. It is made of copper, veneered wood, and painted with imagery. It’s about 58” tall and has some abrasions around the bottom edge. We would like to know what your turnaround time might be for an appraisal of this nature and if you come out to the home or if you can appraise this remotely?
Birger Sandzen Watercolor Painting – appraisal online example 5:
- Name: Sylvia Worth
- Email: MyBirgerSandzenAppraisal@email.com
- Phone: 720-495-3753
- Where Is Property Located: Louisville Colorado
- Where Are You Located: Louisville Colorado
- Appraisal Purpose: Insurance Claim
- Appraisal Firm: Boulder Colorado
- Message: We have a Birger Sandzen watercolor painting that was damaged during our move recently from Fort Collins Colorado. It was not previously appraised or scheduled on our policy. Our insurance agent has asked us to get an insurance appraisal for our painting before further discussion. We have images of it before it was damaged, and it is now at the art restoration studio where we have been told you may access it for further review. Can you provide us an idea of how much this appraisal will cost? The Sandzen has been in our family for over 50 years and we own other works by the noted Prairie Printmaker group founded in Lindsborg Kansas. We see you have an office in Wichita too! Looking forward to potentially working with Art of Estates.